Pages

Tuesday 13 January 2015

Podcasting Tools

As I write this I'm still waiting for my trial recording to download. Every time the download is near completion, there is an error and it all starts over again. Not only is this very frustrating,  I find this tool quite complicated. However, the added value of being able to offer written feedback to student's recordings makes it worth persevering with.


All students learn English to be able to communicate in the language, and speaking is probably the most sought-after skill and sometimes the most difficult to get to grips with.  There's a lot going on at the same time - forming ideas and appropriate words, putting words in a coherent order, producing the necessary sounds and appropriate stress and intonation.  There's also register to think about.  Self-confidence also comes into play, with some students preferring to remain silent rather than utter an inaccurate sentence.  Exams focus is on accuracy in pronunciation, grammar and lexis and being fluent involves being able to keep talk flowing without hesitations.  I remember the stress of my French A-level orals and wish I could have had access to the technologies available today to practise and rehearse.

No comments:

Post a Comment