Pages

Monday 12 January 2015

Asking the right questions

A lightbulb moment (thanks to Russell Stannard)

I think my acceptance of the implementation of new technologies into the classroom has been hindered by the need to justify it with proven added value.  Why bother, for example, to use "Tricider" to elicit ideas and promote discussion, when a simple low-tech brainstorm using post-it notes could produce the same results?
Russell put forward a very interesting idea on Friday regarding the questions we should ask ourselves......

The question shouldn't be whether or how technology improves learning.
The question should be how technology makes learning relevant for today's learners.

This is very helpful for me and I believe I can move forward in a much more positive way.


No comments:

Post a Comment